In the Money

Horse racing insight that's loose on the lead

Kentucky Derby Path: Mystery of Shared Belief continues

January 24th, 2014

By J.J. Hysell

The status of Shared Belief, the undefeated champion 2-year-old male, is now a mystery.

The son of Candy Ride, a popular Kentucky Derby contender part-owned by sports radio host Jim Rome’s Jungle Racing, has been sidelined recently by an abscess in his right front hoof.

Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer indicated to multiple sources this week that Shared Belief would likely work Friday morning.

Shared Belief didn’t work, however, and everyone’s left in the dark as to why.

According to the Santa Anita press notes, when asked about the missed work, Hollendorfer said “There is no update.”

Hollendorfer was asked again and replied: “I don’t have any news for the next 15 days.”

Shared Belief was being pointed to the Robert B. Lewis on Feb. 8, but now his status is unclear.

Stay tuned.

Comments

6 Comments

RSS
  • Ernie Munick says on: January 24, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Thanks.
    Might be better off.
    If I ever owned a horse like that, I’d be in ZERO ZERO ZERO rush, TC or not.

• Carolyn Cahors says on: January 26, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Since SB is a gelding, he will be handled differently than a well bred stallion prospect. The only way they make the big money is to keep him 100% sound for as many years as possible. That means getting him through the little occassional misstep without compromise on length of time it takes to be 100% healed or well

• Joseph Frederickson says on: December 28, 2016 at 1:35 am

Great post.

• Jennifer Dupriest says on: January 5, 2017 at 12:29 am

Keep up these useful blog posts. I appreciate you taking the time to make this.

• wholesale dealers says on: January 15, 2017 at 8:20 am

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but
    great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more
    or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent
    information I was looking for this info for my
    mission.

• pittsburgh steelers definitely says on: January 23, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Just wish to say your article is as astounding.
    The clearness on your put up is simply excellent and i could think you
    are an expert on this subject. Well along
    with your permission allow me to snatch your RSS feed to stay up
    to date with forthcoming post. Thank you a million and please carry on the gratifying work.